CLICK ON EACH STEP TO DISCOVER MORE!
- STEP 1 Select a Home to Suit Your Lifestyle and Reserve
Select a Home to Suit Your Lifestyle and Reserve
- Research your ideal neighbourhood
- Review available floor plans/lots and make your selection
- Complete your reservation agreement
- STEP 2 Complete Your Paperwork
Complete Your Paperwork
- Sign agreement of purchase and sale
- Review agreement with your lawyer before waiving conditions
- Sign waiver and provide post-dated deposit cheques
- Your purchase is now firm - Congratulations!
- You will be introduced to our Customer Experience Team, they will guide you through the process
- STEP 3 Interior Design Selections
Interior Design Selections
- Your design consultant will contact you to arrange an appointment
- Review the options that the Design Consultant will send you and create your wish list
- Meet with your Design Consultant to select options
- Sign off on selections so that the building permit process can begin
- STEP 4 The Construction Process Begins
The Construction Process Begins
- Building permit is applied for
- Construction begins with foundation
- This is the first big milestone and you will be updated once the foundation is in
- STEP 5 Build is in Progress
Build is in Progress
- Receive updates from your Customer Experience Concierge throughout the process
- STEP 6 Pre-Drywall Inspection
- Before drywall is installed, you will have a chance to walk through your framed house
- As we have to stick to a construction schedule, this appointment may be spontaneous and you may need to rearrange your schedule to attend
- This is not the time to make any changes to your home
- CSA approved safety shoes and hard hats are required to be worn
- All inspections will be done during business hours, Monday - Friday.
- STEP 7 Prepare for Closing
Prepare for closing
- Receive notifications from your Customer Experience Concierge regarding your closing date
- Construction delays are possible. Your firm closing notice is your best indication of your actual closing date
- We don't recommend selling your home until you receive your firm closing notice unless other arrangements can be made
- Set up your utility accounts to take effect on your closing date
- STEP 8 Pre-Delivery Walk-Through
- Your Customer Experience Concierge will arrange a time for you to walk through your new house
- This is your opportunity to become familiar with the mechanical systems of your home
- Document any deficiencies in the house
- All walk-throughs will be done during business hours, Monday - Friday
- STEP 9 It's Closing Day - Welcome Home!
It's Closing Day! - Welcome Home!
- Your closing will typically take place in the later afternoon. Please keep this is mind when arranging your moving truck
- Once the house has closed, you will receive a phone call from your Customer Experience Concierge to arrange key pick-up
- Sometimes closings don't happen as planned. We recommend not having any furniture or appliances delivered until the day after you have closed
- Your Tarion Warranty begins today - remember to enroll your home with Tarion
- STEP 10 Introduction to Your New Home Warranty Care Team
Introduction to your New Home Warranty Care Team
- Any areas of concern following closing should be directed to your New Home Warranty Care Coordinator
- Keep track of any items of concern that you come across in the first 30 days
- Submit your Tarion 30-day form anytime within the first 30 days. Please note that you will only be able to submit this form once
- Familiarize yourself with the warranty coverage that is provided through Tarion
- Please fill out the customer satisfaction survey when you receive it, your feedback is important to us!
*Steps may vary depending on location and product type.