Preparing For Your Closing Day
Preparing For Your Closing Day When it comes to taking possession of your new home, knowing what to expect is key. Follow our tips below to learn how to best prepare for your closing day.
2. Review all your documents ahead of time and be sure to bring anything with you that you may need for your closing day. It’s a good idea to carry a folder with you containing all necessary documents and contact info especially if you are re locating to a different city.
3. Have all your utilities set up – It’s wise to have all your utilities registered and set up before your closing day to avoid any inconveniences. When you purchase with Reid’s Heritage Homes, our Customer Experience team will provide you with the details you need for setting up your utilities.
4. Register for your Tarion Warranty- Ensure you enroll your home in the Tarion Warranty on your closing day as your warranty will begin then and you will be eligible to make a service request at your 30-day anniversary.
5. Typically, closing takes place between 3pm and 5pm, meaning you may not have access to your keys until then. Take note of this timing and ensure you plan your day accordingly.
6. Plan for any large deliveries to arrive the following day – Because your closing typically takes place between 3pm and 5pm, we recommend scheduling any large deliveries the following day. For example, appliances or furniture deliveries.
7. If you are expecting a moving truck or a moving pod to be delivered, ensure you arrange timing accordingly as you may not be permitted to have it arrive before your closing.
Getting ready to move? Click here for tips on having a successful and efficient move.