West Oak FAQ'S
We've compiled a list of some frequently asked questions below, please feel free to reach out to your customer concierge if you have any further questions!
1. How is my occupancy fee calculated?
Your monthly occupancy fee is made up of 2 components:
1. The projected monthly common expense contribution (aka "condo fees"); and
2. The interest on the outstanding balance of the purchase price at the prescribed rate of interest on the 1st day of the month in which occupancy occurs.
2. When should I get my mortgage approval from my bank?
You should have your mortgage approval in place by the time of your occupancy date. In case your occupancy date becomes your closing date, you will want to be prepared.
3. When will I find out when my firm occupancy date is:
We will notify you at least 90 days before your current occupancy date if your date will need to be changed. If you have a property to sell, we recommend you not sell your property until you have received a firm occupancy date from us.
4. Do I need insurance?
While the exterior of the condo is insured through the condo corporation, this coverage does not extend to the interior and the contents of your condo. Getting a separate policy to cover your condo is highly recommended to make sure you are protected.
5. When will I get my walk-through?
Your first glimpse at your new condo will be during your pre-delivery inspection which will take place approx. 1 week prior to occupancy. We will be in contact with you as your occupancy date approaches to book this appointment. Please note that appointments will only take place Monday through Friday, between 8:00am and 4:00pm.